Right here – in Hull – we develop some of the most critical software and infrastructure for the national emergency services. We serve customers in every corner of the country, with one in every two UK police forces using APD technology today. Our technology helps to saves lives! You really can feel like you a part of a fantastic team who can really make a difference. We don’t stand still, we embrace changes in technology and the opportunities that those changes provide.
We also support the transport and aviation sectors. You’ll find APD technology at the heart of both the London Underground and Gatwick Airport. Further afield, we’ve secured contracts in Sweden at Karolinska hospital and with the Swedish Police, as well as in Ireland and Iceland. We also keep the world’s busiest international passenger airport connected – none other than Dubai Airport.
About our people
Here at APD we embrace those who are truly passionate about their subject - we employ ‘Geeks with Goals’. People who love what they do with a passion, that are committed to helping us grow and who truly care that they can make a difference. Our people are trusted, are given a voice and the responsibility to not only develop themselves but also to help APD to evolve in an ever-changing world.
About the role
At APD we love all things tech! Due to the expansion of our teams and our vision of increasing our software product range we are looking for an additional Product Owner to join our team at our base in Hull.
Our Product Owners are the visionaries of APD’s software products and can shape the future of our products and our business. You will lead the way, provide guidance to our teams, manage and influence stakeholders and showcase our products to our customers.
We trust our Product Owners to have a strong knowledge of new technologies and to keep abreast of industry developments.
What you will own and how will you grow?
- Lead the vision of and create the strategy for the existing or new product
- Creating Product road mapping and life cycle management
- Create new / existing / possible markets analysis and action / risk plans
- Research and document customer needs and requirements
- Work with other teams to ensure the successful launch or continuity of APD’s software products
What you will have already done...
- Strong technology / software background
- Naturally detail focussed
- Confidence with stakeholders and customers
- Have experience in a product owner role or similar and Scrum experience is desirable
- PSPO (Professional Scrum Product Owner) or similar would be advantageous
So if you are looking for a job in tech and think APD is a place where you can develop your passion - apply now! Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org.