At APD, we only employ people who are completely and unashamedly geeky about their chosen field. So much so, that they read about it, talk about it, live and breathe it, not because they have to, but because they can’t imagine doing anything else and they want to achieve something amazing… We call this kind of person a Geek With A Goal or GWAG.
Our culture is fun, fast paced and no day is ever the same. There are over 100 of us all committed to creating and delivering great technology and amazing customer service. We power some of the most important organisations in the world, so whilst we like to have fun, we take our work seriously and only the best will do. Like all great artists and engineers we sign our work with pride and we make excellence a habit.
We want Development geeks that LOVE technology. They have a need to keep up to date with the latest technology and see how it can be applied in what they do. Team players who work methodically, our Development geeks strive to create the very best products they can for our customers, and love the sense of achievement in doing so. Are you a Development Geek?
To work on the technical aspects of hardware development projects and give instruction and supervision to hardware and software engineers as required, primarily with respect to audio requirements.
Reports to the Development Delivery Manager.
This role is based at our offices nestled within the the university campus in Hull. There may be a requirement for ad hoc travel, depending on the immediate needs of the business or the role.
- Performing work breakdowns for a project, monitoring progress against project plans and reporting status to Development Delivery Manager/Lead engineer.
- Ensuring that estimates of engineering effort for assigned projects are adhered to.
- Selecting and evaluating new design and test tools/methodologies.
- Establishing and maintaining technical links with customers and external organisations.
- Analysing audio requirements and assisting in the production of top level functional designs.
- Working from requirements/functional specifications to produce audio design and test documentation.
- Assistance with design and production of audio test equipment.
- Performing audio testing at component, integration or system acceptance levels.
- Taking part in reviews of hardware designs at all stages of development as appropriate.
- Producing design documentation and build records for products where appropriate.
- Attending customer sites to assist with installation, commissioning and maintenance activities.
- Providing assistance with problem-solving and estimating for the Sales Department in producing new bids or proposals.
- Self-evaluation of performance to assist in personnel appraisal scheme.
- Highlighting deficiencies in or improvements to company procedures and standards to improve efficiency of operation.
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org.