Purpose of Job
To promote and grow APD in existing and new markets. We’re looking for Geeks with Goals, Account Managers that just love their jobs and everything there is to love about smashing targets, growing market share in an account and creating brilliant customer relationships.
We are looking for innovative people who are able to see the direction markets are taking and create business opportunities to take advantage of it. Sales geeks that are driven by success and take every opportunity to present, demonstrate, meet, call and interact with a customer.
Reports to the Marketing & Sales Manager.
North of the UK.
- Grow APD in our chosen markets by over achieving allocated sales target.
- Produce, maintain and action Account Development plans for customers in specific regions.
- Identify market trends and work with Product Owners to create sales propositions to maximise the opportunities these bring.
- Identify new business and client opportunities and bring on board a minimum of two new customers a year.
- Update, manage and monitor our CRM system (Salesforce) to ensure accurate customer databases and forecasting records are held.
- Attend, present and demonstrate at events around the UK and Europe to promote our award winning products and services to new and prospective clients.
- Manage and continuously improve our Salesforce CRM Programme.
- Co-ordinate and manage tender responses and quotations.
- Attend customer account and service meetings and produce reports where appropriate for the wider business.
- Any other duty as reasonably requested by the Sales & Marketing Manager or any other senior manager in the business
Skills and Experience
The Sales Geek we’re looking for will be competitive, fun and enthusiastic and love working with customers. We want someone who’s independent, driven and self-motivated with a flexible attitude and committed to contributing to APD’s growth.
Ideally, our new Accout Manager will have:
- Strong communication skills and are comfortable talking to customers at any level but also know when to listen
- Brilliant negotiation and skills, with a polite and friendly manner
- Highly organised and have the dexterity of a juggler as they prioritise and manage different tasks
- The ability to think on their feet and get to the heart of a customer’s needs
- Copious amounts of passion for APD and the services we deliver
- A thirst for presenting and demonstrating software and technology
- A strong sales background, preferably with some experience of the public sector
- A strong understanding of partnership building
- A desire to be out with customers all day, every day, as they know opportunities come when you least expect it.
Consideration would be given to applicants from an Emergency Service background who have strong partnership skills.
To apply for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org.