Are you a Quality GWAG? Everything you do is executed in a methodical and deliberate manner, always endeavouring to achieve efficiencies and striving for excellence. This is reflected in every aspect of your life including resource planning, your team, the testing environment and the tools you use. Your work is a personal reflection of you, and nothing but the highest standards will do. You will be constantly looking for ways to improve our software and associated processes to provide an absolutely world class customer experience.
You will ensure that test and release processes are robust and systematic to guarantee that the Operations Team have all necessary software, firmware, hardware and documentation in order to install and support the customer. A naturally collaborative person, you work tirelessly with the management team to ensure product success in the market, always with one eye on the Balanced Business Plan. A strong working relationship with the Product Development Manager and the Development Delivery Manager will encourage a seamless relationship between the Development and Quality teams, resulting in more effective testing (including further development of automated testing), improved error elimination and a clearly defined release process. Above all, you will be passionate about technology, in every sense, particularly when it is being utilised to save lives.
The primary purpose of the role is be responsible for the implementation and management of the testing and release processes for the company’s products. This will include responsibility for the testing tools and environment that the Software Quality Assurance (SQA) team utilise as well as line management responsibility for the team.
Reports to the Managing Director
This role is based at our offices situated on the Newland Science Park, nestled within the vibrant University campus.
- Immerse yourself in our products and customer requirements to gain a full understanding of the testing requirements.
- Organising scrums, work within the framework of an Agile methodology.
- Manage risk and resolve issues that affect release test and release scope, schedule and quality
- Forecast and communicate the resources and budget required to perform the testing for individual products/ phases.
- Plan and execute all testing sprints and meetings
- Pick apart existing strategies, then amend, upgrade or replace to make improvements, look to adopt best practice where possible
- Manage existing team of SQA engineers. Coach/ mentor and support to build the best SQA team possible, with appropriate skills, attitudes and motivation. Performance manage where necessary. This would also include participation in the recruitment process for the SQA team.
- Look at the future, identify training requirements and liaise with HR team (technical and soft skills).
- Develop the test plan for the tasks, dependencies and participants required to mitigate the risks to system quality and obtain stakeholder support for this plan. Always strive for perfection.
- Arrange the Hardware and software requirement for the Test Setup.
- Manage Test Lab
- Work closely with Development to organise workload and assign tasks to all SQA Engineers and ensuring that deadlines are met in line with business objectives.
- Be ultimately responsible for production and maintenance of all technical documentation relating to testing.
- Document, implement, monitor, and enforce all processes for testing according to policies and procedures. Always look for ways to stream line existing practices and build in further efficiencies.
- Check / Review the Test Cases documents.
- Ensure perfect traceability of the new requirements / change in requirements/ concessions relating to the product.
- Escalate the issues about project requirements (Software, Hardware, Resources) to relevant management in a timely manner, look for solutions.
- Communicate effectively with all relevant departments through meetings and Reports (Daily, Weekly etc.)
- Fourth line support for the company’s own technology once escalated by the Support Team
- Track and prepare the report of testing activities like testing results, required resources, defects discovered and their status, performance baselines etc.
- Ensure the timely delivery of different testing milestones.
Skills and Experience
- Fundamental understanding of Agile and SCRUM including a proven track record of instilling Agile ways of working into SQA teams and using metrics to monitor product performance
- Experience of interacting with and reporting data to relevant stakeholders
- Experience of the management of an SQA team
- An understanding of hardware, software and programming
- The ability to learn and understand technical concepts and requirements quickly
- Collaborative approach, must be able to build good working relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills, must be able to manage expectations and relay technical information to users with varying levels of technical understanding.
- Commercial awareness and general business acumen
- Ability to communicate in a clear and articulate manner
- Ability to work well under pressure and within tight timescales
- Awareness or experience of TFS
Desirable, but not essential
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Prince2 or equivalent
To apply for this role please email email@example.com.
Here at APD we employ Geeks with Goals. We are looking for someone with passion for what they do. Someone who is independent, driven and self-motivated with a flexible attitude and committed to contributing to APD’s growth.