Purpose of Function
The Resolver Group is part of the Operations function and supports the Customer Support and Service Delivery Teams in providing fast, efficient and effective Project and Support services to customers across APD’s CORTEX, SmartContact, ASPIRE, ARTEMIS and CONNECT product range
The Operations function is committed to the following Service Management Policy:-
We plan to deliver a high level of customer service and satisfaction through effective and cost efficient project, support and maintenance, and training services in a manner that delivers the optimum operational availability, resilience, and is capable of achieving ISO 20000.
This policy applies to all APD Communications personnel, contractors and third party suppliers that deliver products and services for all our customers.
Purpose of Role
The purpose of this role is to assist in the achievement of the Service Management Policy via the provision of first class technical support and advice to the Customer Support and Service Delivery teams, to ensure customer issues in both the project and support phases, are resolved within the required timeframes.
- Developing and maintaining an in-depth knowledge of APD’s proprietary software and configuration tools
- Developing and maintaining standard diagnostic procedures to identify faults and their root causes
- Developing, updating and maintaining an extensive detailed Knowledge Base for their own use, and use by customers, Customer Support and the Service Delivery Team.
- Acting as the first point of contact for technical advice and support for Operations functions, should these functions be unable to resolve an issue either remotely, on site or whilst installing software on the staging rig. To include issues with:-
- APD proprietary software
- MSSQL Databases and Replication
- Domain Issues, Backups and Time Sync
- Non-3rd party system Telephony related issues, across various telephony systems including Avaya, CISCO Call Manager, CT Connect and TAPI
- 3rd party interfaces, including the system links to CCTV (IP, Analogue), Time Sync, IOLANs, EISEC, and various 3rd party Mapping and/or Command and Control Systems
- Identification, provision and documentation of workarounds for issues, where possible
- Acting as the route in to the Development teams for the entire Operations Team
- Own, update and manage the problem management register which is located on SFDC.
- Be responsible, where possible, for identifying basic errors in the software code and notifying this through to Development for a fix to be produced.
- In liaison with the Service Delivery Team identify and document deployment issues, and work with Development on resolution of these.
- In liaison with the Service Delivery Team identify and deliver deployment efficiencies
- In liaison with the Customer Support Team identify and deliver service improvements
- Act as a Critical Incident Manager if this procedure is invoked in response to a customer issue
- Be responsible for the production and publication of Advisories/Notifications as required, internally and to customers.
- The provision of out of hours support to customers.
- Attendance at Sprint Reviews, Product Success Team, Project and other meetings as required.
- To operate in accordance with all departmental and business procedures