Purpose of Department
Customer Support is part of the Operations function and delivers support and maintenance to APD’s external customers (purchasers of APD’s CORTEX, SmartContact, ASPIRE, ARTEMIS and CONNECT product ranges).
The Operations function is committed to the following Service Management Policy:-
We plan to deliver a high level of customer service and satisfaction through effective and cost efficient project, support and maintenance, and training services in a manner that delivers the optimum operational availability, resilience, and is capable of achieving ISO 20000.
This policy applies to all APD Communications personnel, contractors and third party suppliers that deliver products and services for all our customers.
Purpose of Role
The purpose of this role is to assist in the achievement of the Service Management Policy via the provision of first class and customer focused technical advice, fault resolution and support to customers in line with the appropriate Service Level Agreements.
This position reports directly to the Support Manager.
- Provision of a Customer Support service to APD’s customers, with responsibilities for these customers to include:-
- Ensuring calls are correctly logged, progressed and updated, in accordance with the relevant Service Level Agreements, the customer is informed of any updates, and calls are escalated to the Customer Support Team Leader or Support Manager if required and as appropriate.
- Management of remote Software updates and configuration changes, and creation/production/application of CCPS.
- Building and maintaining good relationships with customer contacts, to include attendance at Customer Service Reviews and the provision of Monthly Server Health Checks.
- Updates to and maintenance of Customer Intelligence information – to include information on the functionality used, and 3rd party products/systems that the APD system interfaces to.
- Provision of telephone advice and remote diagnostic help and support, on a 24/7 basis, to customers and 3rd party suppliers across the APD customer and product base, both in the UK and internationally.
- Provision of an Out of Hours support and fault resolution service to UK and international customers and 3rd party suppliers for all issues designated as being operationally Critical or Major in nature.
- Provision of assistance to other Operations functions (i.e. the Service Delivery Team and the Resolver Group) to facilitate investigation and speedy resolution of ongoing customer issues.
- Production of appropriate customer/system related documentation to include FAQ’s and other documentation as required to improve knowledge in Operations and the wider business and thus resolution of customer issues.
- Possession of the technical skills, knowledge and ability to perform the following:-
- Remote fault diagnosis and rectification of Workstation and Server software/configuration faults, including issues with Windows, MSSQL Databases and Replication, Domain Issues, Backups and Time Sync.
- First point of contact fault finding and rectification of CORTEX, ARTEMIS, Connect, SmartContact and ASPIRE issues.
- Liaison with the Service Delivery Team with respect to on site diagnostic & resolution requirements.
- Liaison with the Resolver Group for technical assistance as required
- Escalation to the Resolver Group where issues are believed to result from errors in the APD proprietary software code.
- Remote Provision of a Windows Patching & AV support service, and dealing with any customer issues pertaining to these.
- Provision of remote Major Event & Major Incident support to customers.
- Root cause analysis of issues.
- SaaS configuration, patching, and SP implementations, plus monitoring of usage and capacity and receipt and resolution of Nagios alerts etc.
- Remote fault diagnosis and rectification of INCA and XDR/XDRi configuration issues, plus analysis of ARTEMIS reports.
- Analysis of data logs etc to assist in the rectification of system issues with the Connect bespoke software.
- Liaison with Hosting providers as required to assist in fault resolution.
- Remote diagnosis and resolution, either directly or via the relevant 3rd party sub-contractor, of system Telephony related issues, across various telephony systems including Avaya, CISCO Call Manager, CT Connect, and TAPI.
- Remote diagnosis and resolution of issues with 3rd party interfaces, including the system links to CCTV (IP, Analogue), Time Sync, IOLANs, EISEC, and various 3rd party Mapping and/or Command and Control Systems.
- To operate in accordance with all departmental and business procedures.