You can get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Purpose of Job
To work with the Development team and relevant Senior Development Manager to enable the development team to achieve the product delivery objectives. Planning and helping to ensure the project deliverables are met on time, to budget, on schedule and to the highest quality and releases are effectively rolled out.
Provide support of Change Initiatives, contribution to Process Improvement and liaising with internal/external stakeholders. The role will also be used to supplement the Development Management of Development Projects as required, as well as providing a degree of analysis.
Line management is as per the Organisation Chart.
• Support the Senior Development Manager. Planning (of resources and work), tracking and delivering products raising any issues and risks to the deliverables.
• Working with the development team to help to ensure products are delivered on time and to specification.
• Proactive identification, traceability and coordination of potential improvements to processes to help ensure effectively delivery and handover of products.
• Report on the progress of Development activities to the Senior Development Manager.
• Assist with the planning, delivery and communication of versions of the product.
• Ensure requirements are traceable and are met throughout all stages of the development process.
• Ensure product handover for release deployment activities are followed.
• Complete release and rollout readiness checks and assist with release acceptance tests.
• Track and report on electronic systems for tracking cost, time, progress, bugs and other aspects of performance are up to date and being used effectively to assist with the effective running of the development team.
• Analysis of trend data from areas such as timesheet system.
• Assist with the reporting of root cause of all issues and any blockers to releases.
• Assist with the monitoring of processes with a view to support high quality releases.
• Report on progress of Development activities and raise any concerns that may affect the delivery of the products.
• Assist with the development of release strategies, release plans, roadmaps, bug resolution, reports, releases, resource planning and EOD (End of Development) notices as required
• Track and report on customer raised or internal raised issues.
• Identification and production of KPI data.
• Ensure you comply with all of our ISO, legal and organisation policies and support the tracking of this for the Development team
• Assist with the production and analysis of Management Information
• Assist with supporting the knowledge share of the product across the business.
• Work with relevant departments to ensure documentation of the products are up to date.
Participate in Development team meetings.
• Assist with the setup, monitoring of project budgets and project closure activities to ensure accurate reflections of the costs of releases.
• Coordination of Development specific induction for new starters and product demonstrations.
• Work with the Development team to support the realization of releases.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (desirable).
Project Management or Scrum master qualifications (desirable).
SCRUM Master (desirable).
Product Owner (desirable).
• Full software development lifecycle exposure and understanding of traditional and modern development methods (Agile, TDD, BDD).
• Demonstrated effective organisational and analytical skills with effective handling of priorities and issues.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Good communication skills.
• Customer/Business Analysis experience (preferred).
• Customer/Project management experience (preferred).
Any other work related duties are requested by the relevant Senior Development Manager.
Here at APD we employ Geeks with Goals. We’re looking for someone with passion for what they do. Someone who’s independent, driven and self-motivated with a flexible attitude and committed to contributing to APD’s growth.