You can get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose of Department
Our Support department delivers support and maintenance to both internal (IT and Telephony infrastructure) and external (purchasers of our products) customers. Our Support Department’s Service Management Policy is as follows:-
We plan to deliver a high level of customer service and satisfaction through effective and cost efficient support and maintenance services, in a manner that delivers the optimum operational availability, resilience, and is capable of achieving ISO 20000.
This policy applies to all our personnel, contractors and third party suppliers that provide products and services for all our customers.
Purpose of Job
The purpose of this role is to contribute to the achievement of the Service Management Policy by assisting in the provision of a first class, customer focused, Service Desk facility to internal and external customers, ensuring the ongoing operational system capability of our Support Contract customers via the provision of administrative support, technical advice, fault resolution and support in line with the appropriate Service Level Agreements.
The role does not have any line management responsibility.
This position reports directly to the Service Assurance Team Leader.
1) Provide a first line response facility, ensuring that customer issues/requests are logged and actioned in an efficient, friendly and helpful manner, and in accordance with agreed SLA targets. Proactively seek customer feedback on performance, as appropriate, when calls are being logged by telephone.
2) Resolve calls at the point of contact where possible and appropriate (calls requiring first line activities, spares replacements, hardware maintainer to attend site, admin requests etc)
3) Assist in the monitoring and progressing of customer calls, particularly in the absence of the primary Customer Support Engineer, and escalate any issues as necessary, to ensure customer communication is maintained throughout the life of the call, and Response and Return to Service targets etc are being met
4) Participate in the provision of telephone advice and remote diagnostic help and support to customers and 3rd party suppliers across our Support customer and product base, both in the UK and internationally.
5) Occasional on-site support (usually during business hours but out of hours if required), to provide assistance to Customer Support Engineers during Service Pack Rollouts, or for training purposes.
6) Participate in the provision of an Out of Hours support and fault resolution service to UK and international customers and 3rd party suppliers for all issues designated as being operationally Critical or Major in nature.
7) Provide assistance as required to other internal departments (i.e. Customer Support, Technical Support, Development, I&C) to investigate ongoing customer issues.
8) Liaise with 3rd Party suppliers to obtain call updates and ensure that service targets are being met, escalating any issues in this respect as appropriate.
9) Assist in setting up, maintaining and updating customer asset details and SLA information in Assyst, and ensuring all relevant Customer information (Contract Summaries, SLA’s, Site diagrams & documentation, Support Tips etc) is maintained/updated in the Support Directory.
10) Assist with the design and provision of ad hoc, weekly & monthly Customer reports. Also assist in the design and provision of fault and performance statistics/reports to our management.
11) Assist with administrative tasks for the Support function, re the provision of spares to customers, completion of monthly checks for customers, coordination of telephony diverts to Duty Engineers, and Hotel and Car Bookings for customer site visits etc.
12) Assist with developing and maintaining the Asset and Configuration Management Database in Assyst.
13) In consultation with the Service Assurance Team Leader ensure the Critical Incident Management Process is invoked as required and in accordance with the Process.
14) Possession of technical skills, knowledge and ability to perform the following in order to assist with fault resolution:-
a. Knowledge of Ghosting, in order to provide verbal assistance to 3rd party suppliers, to rebuild workstations on customer sites.
b. Knowledge of Server and Workstation software, e.g. Client OS (Windows XP, 7), Server OS (Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012), SQL Server (2000, 2005, 2008, 2012), Remote Access Software (Pc Anywhere, Dameware, WebEx and VNC), Diagnostic tools (e.g. Perfmon, Event Viewer)
c. Fault finding and rectification of Workstation and Server faults, including issues with Windows, MS SQL Databases and Replication, Domain Issues, Backups and Time Sync.
d. Fault finding and rectification of INCA and XDR/XDRi configuration issues, plus analysis of ARTEMIS reports.
e. Initial assessment of Aspire issues to establish severity and urgency and offer advice for any known problems.
f. Liaising with Hosting providers as required to assist in fault resolution
g. Analysis of data logs to assist in the rectification of system issues with the Connect bespoke software
h. Test, diagnose and resolve Analogue Radio and TETRA related issues, which requires knowledge of specific TETRA vendor applications (i.e. Motorola – Centracom Gold, Nokia – TCS, the Transcom network and modems) and the setup of Analogue radio (i.e. Telman Rack).
i. Test, diagnose and resolve Telephony related issues, which requires knowledge of various telephony systems, including Meridian, CISCO Call Manager, CT Connect, and TAPI.
j. Test, diagnose and resolve issues with 3rd party interfaces, which include the links to CCTV (IP, Analogue), Time Sync, IOLANs, EISEC, and various 3rd parties Mapping or Command and Control Systems.
15) Build and maintain good relationships with Customer and Supplier contacts.
16) To operate in accordance with all departmental and business procedures.