You can get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Purpose of Department
The APD Support department delivers support and maintenance to both internal (IT and Telephony infrastructure) and external (purchasers of APD’s ICCS, ASPIRE, ARTEMIS and Bespoke product ranges) customers. The APD Support Department’s Service Management Policy is as follows:-
We plan to deliver a high level of customer service and satisfaction through effective and cost efficient support and maintenance services, in a manner that delivers the optimum operational availability, resilience, and is capable of achieving ISO 20000.
This policy applies to all APD Communications personnel, contractors and third party suppliers that provide products and services for all our customers.
Purpose of Job
The purpose of this role is to contribute to achievement of the Service Management Policy by ensuring the ongoing operational system capability of APD’s Support Contract customers via the provision of technical advice, fault resolution and support in line with the appropriate Service Level Agreements.
The role does not have any line management responsibility, although all Customer Support Engineers contribute to the on the job aspects of the training and development of other Support personnel.
This position reports directly to the Customer Support Team Leader.
1) Provision of a Primary Support Engineer service to designated customers, responsibilities for these customers include:-
a. Ensuring calls are logged, progressed and updated, in accordance with the relevant Service Level Agreements, the customer is informed of any updates, and calls are escalated to the Customer Support Team Leader or Support Manager if required and as appropriate.
b. Management of Software updates and configuration changes at sites, including Service Packs and Hot Fixes, and creation/production/application of CCPS.
c. Building and maintaining good relationships with customer contacts, to include attendance at Customer Service Reviews and the provision of Monthly Server Health Checks.
d. Creation and maintenance of a Customer Handbook for each designated customer, and provision of training to other Support personnel on the intricacies of each designated customer.
2) Provision of telephone advice and remote diagnostic help and support, on a 24/7 basis, to customers and 3rd party suppliers across the APD Support customer and product base, both in the UK and internationally.
3) Provision of on-site support (usually during business hours but out of hours if required) to customers and 3rd party suppliers across the APD Support customer and product base, both in the UK and internationally.
4) Provision of an Out of Hours support and fault resolution service to UK and international customers and 3rd party suppliers for all issues designated as being operationally Critical or Major in nature.
5) Provision of assistance to other internal departments (i.e. Technical Support, Development, I&C) to investigate ongoing customer issues.
6) Production of customer/system related documentation to include Work Plans, Site Visit Reports, and FAQ’s plus other documentation as required improving knowledge in the business/department and thus resolution of customer issues.
7) Possession of the technical skills, knowledge and ability to perform the following to assist with fault resolution:-
a. Build, Ghost and Install Workstation and Server PCs, and perform functionality testing of individual Workstations and Servers.
b. Install, configure, utilise and test software on Servers and Workstation PCs, e.g. Client OS (Windows XP, 7), Server OS (Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012), SQL Server (2000, 2005, 2008, 2012), Remote Access Software (Pc Anywhere, Dameware, WebEx and VNC), Diagnostic tools (e.g. Perfmon, Event Viewer)
c. Perform PC maintenance including BIOS and System memory upgrades, swapping out Hard disk drives, Installation of expansion cards, e.g. CCTV cards, Serial cards, Graphics and Sound cards.
d. Perform Server maintenance including BIOS and System memory upgrades, swapping out Hard disk drives, configuration of RAID.
e. Fault finding and rectification of Workstation and Server faults, including issues with Windows, MSSQL Databases and Replication, Domain Issues, Backups and Time Sync.
f. Fault finding and rectification of INCA and XDR/XDRi configuration issues, plus analysis of ARTEMIS reports.
g. Initial assessment of Aspire issues to establish severity and urgency and offer advice for any known problems.
h. Analysis of data logs to assist in the rectification of system issues with the Connect bespoke software
i. Test, diagnose and resolve Network faults, which may relate to the Switches, Routers or cabling on site.
j. Test, diagnose and resolve Analogue Radio and Tetra related issues, which requires knowledge of specific Tetra vendor applications (i.e. Motorola – Centracom Gold, Nokia – TCS, the Transcom network and modems) and the setup of Analogue radio (i.e. Telman Rack).
k. Liaising with Hosting providers as required to assist in fault resolution.
l. Test, diagnose and resolve Telephony related issues, which requires knowledge of various telephony systems, including Meridian, CISCO Call Manager, CT Connect, and TAPI.
m. Test, diagnose and resolve issues with 3rd party interfaces, which include the links to CCTV (IP, Analogue), Time Sync, IOLANs, EISEC, and various 3rd parties Mapping or Command and Control Systems.
8) To operate in accordance with all departmental and business procedures.