Purpose of Department
The APD Technical Team provide a highly technical sales support function. Through a rigorous design process the solutions to be sold are captured, documented and priced within the technical teams. Additional functionality such as technology research, product and supplier management are key to what the department provides.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, this person will provide technical, pricing and quoting support during the sales opportunities, tender and bid processes and provide design and pricing documentation to backup this function.
They will also ensure that Sales teams are kept up-to-date with current technological developments and provide a link between the sales and development functions.
- Provide Technical support and input to the sales opportunities
- Provide pricing and quoting support for sales opportunities
- Create the detailed system design and pricing documentation required for the sales function
- Provide a clear and effective link between the sales and development functions
- Provide technical support for the tender and bid process's
- Provide demonstrations/presentations on the technical aspects of company products.
- Maintain a dialogue with 3rd party suppliers to ensure that the Sales teams are kept up-to-date with current technological developments applicable to their market interest.
- Gain strong understanding of potential customers’ requirements and help Sales to create a solution based on APD’s standard products.
- Provide advice and consultation to new software development and design as required.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of the gap analysis register in regards to tender commitments on all products.
- Provide retrospective project support for technical documentation and assistance with active projects.
- Any other reasonable request or instruction received from a member of the management team.